HOW A PARENT CAN RAISE A CHILD PROTECTION CONCERN
Our Safeguarding Team are :
Mrs Lyn Pollock - Designated Teacher for Child Protection
Miss Jacqueline Ramsey - Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection
Mrs Louise Ball - Chairperson of Board of Governors
Mrs Anne Magee - Designated Governor for Child Protection
If there are concerns about a child’s safety at school, parents are invited to take
the following course of action:
I have a concern about my child’s safety
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW
If a parent / carer has an issue, either involving their individual child’s safety or the nursery as a whole, the following steps can be taken:
* If you have an initial enquiry, please contact the class teacher who will establish facts and provide
* If you are still concerned, you can talk to the designated teacher for Child Protection who is
Mrs L Pollock.
* If you are still concerned, you can talk to her deputy, who is Miss J Ramsey.
* If the outcome is not satisfactory and you are still concerned, the complaint can be taken to The
Chair of the Board of Governors – Mrs L Ball.
* A Social Worker at Gateway, Northern Health and Social Services Trust
0300 123 4333.
* PSNI 028 90 259299.
* The NI Public Services Ombudsman Tel. 0800 343 424